Monday, January 26, 2009

Craft Project

I bought a craft kit at Half-Price Books a few months ago, mostly because it was $3.98. It is entitled "Fun With Rock Painting: Dragon & Castle". So, being rather bored tonight, I took this kit off my shelf where it had been gathering dust and decided to be productive. I chose to do the dragon - the cute cover model.


This kit comes complete with everything that I need, save a Sharpie (but every flight attendant has a plethora of those anyhow), even a smooth river rock to paint. So, I get started, and quickly realize that the paint isn't really the greatest, but I stick with it. This is how it is supposed to look:

This is how mine turned out, after a few breaks to let the coats of paint dry. I can't get the cheap glue they included to get the wings to stick, so maybe it'll just be a fire-breathing lizard or something. I have come to the conclusion that the cover model is deceptive. In order to get that level of detail and quality, the rock had to be roughly the size of a cantaloupe, not the size of a sand dollar (like the one they provided me).



Just wanted to show you that I can actually paint (I seem to have a thing for reptilian creatures...) I made this at Art Attack! (a paint your own pottery place) in Albuquerque last Christmas when I was visiting my parents.

3 comments:

  1. cute!!! He kinda looks like an alligator with wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. you did a GREAT job! LOL at cantaloupe comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job, very cute!

    My sister lives in Albuquerque, I always go there for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete