Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Beginning Deserves a New Kind of Pen




I know I left abruptly for a year there.....things in my life are going pretty well at this juncture. I have had a lot of cool vacations since then, and funny things have happened to me. I just wanted to say that I am coming back....for real this time. No joke. :-D


I just wanted to let you in on a secret obsession of mine while I'm writing this re-introduction. And it scream nerd-alert! I was always the kid who liked it the end of summer when KMart would start stocking the back-to-school supplies (I was a good student and teachers liked me), and it has carried over into my adulthood. I have developed a serious love affair with Japanese gel pens. The gel pens that are offered in the USA are too think to keep accurate checkbook records, so the true stationary connoisseur's choice are those meant for the Asian market because of their intricate and complicated kanji. I give you this, my dearest blog readers http://www.tokyopenshop.com This is Nirvana for office supply geeks such as myself!!!! The Uniball Signo RT .38 is my new favorite pen (in all kinds of cool colors!)- and it is $1.50 - that easily trumps my old favorite Dr.Grip pen at $7.50. They have so many cool things on this site. It makes me want to work for this company and/or learn Japanese. Look at the cute flashcards in the shapes of rams and ducks (I bought the polar bear one!), look at the funky clips that replace those ugly bull clips in the shapes of pigs and planes and strawberries (I bought the hippos!). Look at this site and you will wonder why office supply stores in America haven't caught on that cuteness is an important factor? Every Japanese person knows the innate value of all things cute....

Enjoy the romp through the TokyoPenShop's specialties. I am so happy to support this great company who ships fast and are just a wonderful business - that happens to be based in the good old US of A.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are back!

    Love gel pens.... did not know of the varieties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to check out this site, I love a good purple pen.

    ReplyDelete